Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The Front Yard Garden



Because our four backyard chickens will eat everything in sight, I put the vegetable garden in the front yard this year. I'm amazed at how many people I catch standing in the street gawking! lol I guess those zuchini plants are hard to miss.
We've been harvesting cucumbers for a month; the summer squash about three weeks. I have green peppers ready to pick, and lots of herbs growing like a jungle.
Tomatoes are on all the plants... I think I put in about six, and there are several cherry tomato volunteers besides. One of the volunteers is doing quite well and the tomatoes are salad size. That will be fun to sample.








3 comments:

Ginger said...

Those look so good! I need to get my squash seeds in this week!

John said...

I am so jealous

Elizabeth said...

Aha. Another post meant to throw me into a violent depression, I see.