It's noon here, and we just had an earthquake. Upstairs was moving quite a bit from a reported 5.4 shaker. This is just about the worst time to have a family reunion.
Last week Hugh, Cleo and Elizabeth performed in The Music Man, a stake production. Hugh was delightful as Professor Harold Hill. He energized the entire performance, singing, dancing and wooing his way about the stage. I almost lost a couple of buttons off my shirt I was so proud of him. Elizabeth was a 'Pick a Little' lady, leading the Rivercity Ladies in that funny, wicked song reflecting small town culture. Cleo played Zaneeta, the Mayor's daughter and love interest of Tommy. We're hoping to get the digital recording made of the play to show everyone.
The cell phone network is not working.
The chickens seemed a bit rattled themselves, but soon went back to eating.
I am awaiting aftershocks, and hoping we don't have further seismic activity; I don't think our little chicks will be as blase as the ones in the backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment