Saturday, May 03, 2008

Which Baby Chicks?

Jenny thought the boys might enjoy seeing photographs of the chicks I've just ordered. These photos are taken from My Pet Chicken; if the kids are interested, the photo of the grown chickens are also listed there.
These are the baby chicks I've ordered; they will be shipped one day old. I think Grandma will have her hands full for a month or so....

Australorp (the chicks from the previous post are Australorps)

A Barred Plymouth Rock

Buff Orpington (the black Australorp is basically a black Orpington)


Golden Laced Wyandotte (these come in various colors)

Blue Cochin (I couldn't find a photo of a chick)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, so maybe I'm a *little* bit excited to see the chickies.

Ginger said...

Cool... I bet the kids will be excited to see them this summer!

The Queen said...

Cute! Wow, one day old, that is so tiny!! How long does it take until they start looking grown-up?

Jenny said...

thanks for posting pictures. bentley's favorite is the blue cochin. can't wait to see pictures of YOUR chickens. :)