Monday, May 12, 2008

Twin Quilts





After a month of bedrest at a hospital, an acquaintance of mine gave birth to two little girls. Baby Pearl seemed to be doing well, though it was known that she would need surgery immediately after birth. She died two hours before the C-section. Very sad for her parents, especially her Mother.
I wanted to make quilts, one for each baby. I didn't want Pearl to not be acknowledged. When I called my friend and told her I had two quilts to bring her, she began to cry. She said she was hoping that someone would make a quilt for Pearl.
The pink one is for Pearl; the yellow one for sister Astrid. Every baby girl deserves pink, and I wanted to be sure that Pearl would have hers.

5 comments:

The Queen said...

That's so nice, Mom. The quilts are very cute. I hope the other baby is okay.

Ginger said...

That is so wonderful and thoughtful. Once again the Spirit helps to give comfort through you.

I love that fabric... it's on the back of the quilt you made for Emma.

Laura said...

That is so sad! I can only imagine that would be very devastating for the mother. That is very thoughtful of you to make those quilts, they are really cute!

stephanie said...

such beautiful quilts. i am sure your friend got a lot of comfort from them.

Jenny said...

so thoughtful of you. the quilts are beautiful. i just ache for the family. hope the mom and astrid are doing ok.