Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day. I was Queen and treated royally.
Elizabeth shopped for and made a wonderful shrimp salad, with homemade Buttermilk dressing. My favorite. :) I had two large platefuls.... and plan on having more for lunch today. I enjoy the sparkling juice drinks, and drank a glass of one containing Peach juice Lyle had purchased. Really very good. For dessert several people pitched in for a decadent chocolate cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.
We played Big Boggle, allowing only four letter words. James played with the adults (gee, that kid is smart!)... and the Queen won! By a nice margin, I might add.
I'm hoping we can do this again next year.

Let me add how very blessed I feel to have wonderful children whom I love so much. I count them all as my friends.... and what is more important in life than family & friends?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds wonderful! I am glad that you had such a great day, you deserve it!

Lyle said...

Yay for our mom!!

Jenny said...

happy belated mothers day! glad you had a nice day. :)