Wednesday, September 09, 2009

We're Home Again

Our trip to Idaho was a bit longer this time; Thursday we drove up to Utah ahead of the Labor Day crowds driving to Vegas. Or maybe I should write 'mobs' driving to Vegas? We spent the night at J&J's and then drove to Rexburg to pick up Cleo Saturday. It was fun to see the kids and baby Ella there.

We spent two nights and had lots of fun. Laura is a wonderful cook! We walked into the house with the aroma of pies wafting through the rooms. I so enjoyed the weather and beautiful skies. We slept with the windows open and I could hear the wind blowing at night. It rained for a short time, also and how I miss that sound!
Cleo was the last to check out of her dorm, so she was responsible for the entire apartment's cleanliness. We were there until 10pm cleaning what some of the other girls should have cleaned. I was not a happy camper! Next term, Cleo will be the first one gone...

We drove back enjoying the beautiful greenness of Idaho and northern Utah along the way. I just can't put into words how much I enjoyed the open spaces and clean, blue skies.

Back to J&J's home with Texas Sheet cake baked/frosted and ready to eat! Jenny is another terrific cook. Methinks my sons are quite spoiled to marry wives who know their ways around a kitchen. Cleo and I nibbled at that cake several times...
John is teaching Ruby to play chess ~ you can see what a crafty player she's become.


We drove through Mapleton just for fun on the way home. I'm ready to move! I'm geared up for clean skies, no freeway noise, a couple of acres with room for a nice garden, my chickens and just some space.
Brent is a bit dubious, however.
Later we saw the wafting smoke as we drove through Barstow Tuesday night. It definitely reminds me of something from an horror film! Unfortunately this is real life. We've had hazardous air quality from the fires/smog. Yes, I'm very ready for Mapleton.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It was so fun to see you again! Come back soon. :)

Charles said...

Haha! Did you guys see that balding guy in the first picture! Haha--loser.

Carla said...

Charles,
Did you mean the good looking one, flanked by two beautiful women who adore him? :)