Friday, April 10, 2009

A School Learns to Support the Parent

This really bugs me... did this 'reporter' (I use the word loosely) actually go to journalism classes?
Breakfast being an important meal is beside the point. This child was disruptive during her free breakfast. As any knowledgeable child behavioralist (and most parents) will tell you, the punishment should fit the crime. Taking away the free breakifast with her other two cohorts is proper. And the next morning, after a boring breakfast with her family and a lecture to boot, this girl should have come back to school with the idea to behave. No one stated she couldn't eat at all. geesh.
I'd like to hear what the other students at breakfast said... Did she bug them? Was she so busy goofing off that she forgot to eat? Did the other students complain to teachers? Why should others have to be with naughty kids who are acting off at breakfast or in the classroom or anywhere else?
I'd like to see an investigative reporting (again, the words are loosely used) at the age of 16.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow... entitlement gone wrong!

John said...

Obviously Democrats!

The Queen said...

I find it disturbing that nowadays all it takes for institutions such as schools to back down from their sound policies is the threat of negative media.

I also find it ironic that Grandma has flashy jewelry, and acrylic nails, and the girl has braids in her hair, and yet they can't find the money to feed her breakfast. Ridiculous.