Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Which Came First....

In my case, the chicken! Actually, five little peepers arrived today. When we went to pick them up at the post office, I could hear the peeping as I walked through the door.


For now they are enjoy their new life in a cardboard box residing in my laundry room. It ought to be a little more interesting dealing with dirty clothes now. They are soft and adorable; each is drinking, eating and giving offerings of fertilizer. The red bulb under a little canopy of a quilting sample keeps them warm. Now to name them. I'm thinking that Jane Austen's heroines would be honored....


9 comments:

Ginger said...

As Sophie said, "Quack, quack!" hehehe

The girls can't wait to come hold them this summer.

Lyle said...

Jane Austen, huh? Are you sure they wouldn't be happy with, like, super-hero names, or Jedi names or something like that?

Randi said...

Awwww...they are adorable!

The Queen said...

Well I am sure James would agree on the Jedi names, but since they are supposed to be girls... I can't wait to see them! Maybe we will stop by after the game on Saturday.

Bethany said...

How fun! Chris would agree with Lyle and go for Jedi names.

Laura said...

cute! I cant wait to see them!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

They are so tiny and cute!

Jenny said...

how exciting! the kids were thrilled to see the pictures!

Angela said...

Too cute, I am so happy that your chicken dream is coming true. Your chickens are so lucky to have you... your not going to eat them are you? :)jk