All ten caterpillars developed into chrysalises, and nine hatched into beautiful butterflies. The company sent me this little cage in which to put the chrysalises. I waited until the caterpillars were done stuffing themselves on the food, and then let them loose into the cage. The majority promptly attached themselves to the green strip at the top (I placed the cage side down on my kitchen peninsula.)
Two days after hatching, on a sunny day, I let the little creatures go. They hung around for about 30 seconds and then flew lightly away. Haven't seen any since!



4 comments:
Emma's going to love seeing these pictures!
Well they could have at least hung around and laid some new eggs on your plants, huh? Looking forward to the baby chicks!
bentley was fascinated by the pictures. what a wonderful gift.
Carla that was so wonderful. I am going to do that someday. Thanks for sharing and keeping me dreaming.
Post a Comment