Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Quote from the Pearl of Great Price



Enoch, a prophet, is given a vision of Satan laughing at the evil he provokes, rejoicing in the darkness he causes through sin and hatred.  Amidst this, Enoch beholds God: “And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept.”  Curious, Enoch asked how someone as holy and eternal as God has the capacity to weep.  God’s response is perfect and transformative:
“The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency;  And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood . . . wherefore should not the heavens weep, seeing these shall suffer?
From an essay by Brad Masters

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm going to go mark that right now -- thanks!

Cleo said...

I posted this blog on Facebook the day he wrote it. I really appreciated his thoughts.

Bethany said...

It was marked in my old scriptures and is now marked in my new. Thanks for the beautiful reminder! And Merry Christmas!