Friday, August 10, 2012

Antibiotics and the Meat You Eat


3 comments:

Ginger said...

Unfortunately, the farm lobby is so strong, I doubt there will be much meaningful change.
And I don't see the small price difference that the farmers claim... Applegate farms products are quite a bit more expensive than "normal" meats.

Carla said...

The price increase apply to the giant, factory farms. Applegate farms is a small, specialized industry, so they have a more expensive base line already.

Bethany said...

I'm with Ginger -- I don't think there will ever be meaningful change as long as there are secret combinations running rampant. And the more nutrition books I read and the more food documentaries I watch, it's obvious they are running rampant. Always good to educate yourself, though, and make the changes personally even though it takes great effort to fight the current, and greater effort to convince your kids that what they are learning in school about "healthy eating" is a load of garbage. By-the-way, I'm currently reading "Wheat Belly" and whoa -- it's pretty ugly out there.