Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"I Like to Fire People"


Have you seen the above misquote from Mitt Romney being bandied about the press ad nauseam?
Even worse has been the gleeful misquoting by Newt Grinch and a few other GOP losers.
Mr. Paul defended Romney, as Paul defends and appreciates the capitalist way of life. But others, angry and dismayed at Romney's front runner status, deliberately misquote him in a "Michael Moore" vein, as the WSJ stated today.

Here is a mini-version of what Romney actually said while talking about health insurance. He wants individuals, and not their companies/govt. to be responsible for purchasing their own insurance coverage. Because individuals are paying, they would have the upper hand. "I want individuals to have their own insurance," Romney explained. "That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. . . You know, if someone doesn't give me a good service that I need, I want to say I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."
Makes sense, don't you think?

2 comments:

John said...

I'm rather disappointed with the Republican candidates on this one. They don't seem to know what they themselves purport to stand for.

Brent said...

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-01-11.html