
For some time now, I've followed Lyle's advice about Cheesecake Factory. After all, who should know better than a previous waiter at this much-ado-about-nothing restaurant? A half slice of a few of their cheesecake desserts are nice, but that's it.
And now this from Yahoo (which I usually take with a grain of salt, but not this time).
And the absolute WORST FAMILY RESTAURANT IN AMERICA . . .
THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY
No restaurant chain exemplifies America’s portion problem more than Cheesecake Factory. Aside from a couple of salads, the leanest regular dinner item is a hulking cheeseburger called The Factory Burger, which delivers the same number of calories as a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese from McDonald’s. That’s the leanest! And it gets worse from there. The average liability for a full-sized sandwich is nearly 1,500 calories, and the average pasta clocks in at 1,865.
But doesn’t Cheesecake Factory have a healthy menu like Applebee’s and Ruby Tuesday? Sure they do. Of the more than 200 items on Cheesecake Factory’s menu, you’ll find a measly four spotlighted as “healthy” entrees. Three of the four are salads, and you’ll recognize them by the phrase “Weight Management” printed on the menu. Who wants to order that?
Survival Strategy: Your best bet is to turn your car around and head home for a meal.
2 comments:
I don't really think occasionally eating there is going to kill anyone. Especially since I like to only eat half of what I order, and take the rest home for the next day's lunch. :-)
Of course, that could be the title for every blog post on the internet.
Post a Comment