
Several days ago I was involved in a Resourceful & Provident Living Fair for our Stake. It was a *huge* stress for me, but I'm glad I was able to be involved. This activity began as a ward project, then morphed into something for the entire Stake.
We had a speaker come from Arizona that spoke about the ins and outs of food storage. She was fabulous. I've been on a canning jag, and brought some canned items for the canning display. I also brought for display my water bath canner. And my pressure canner. And my dehydrator, Sun Oven, an extra Bosh bowl & dough hook, and samples of a few foods made with food storage products.
Whew! Makes me tired all over again just to think about this.
We probably had about 115 people there, along with a handful of non-members. I'd hoped for a larger turn out, but many people are busy Saturday morning... things to do, soccer to attend with their kids, and those that don't want to hear anything more about food storage.
However, I'm getting ready for the Big One the best I can. Stocking up on pillows, quilts, food, water and other good things. I just wish I knew how to stock up hot water. The more I research, the more do-able this becomes. I've found a new website, associated with Honeyville Farms , that has really good food storage type recipes. These are recipes that can be used everyday, which makes rotating food storage an easy thing to do. See their recipes here and tell me what you think.

My Grandmother taught me to can, and I really enjoy it. After canning produce all day, it's so rewarding to hear the little 'ping' as the lid seals to the jar. I get the same satisfaction looking in my pantry and seeing my efforts at provident living come to life. Grandmother would be proud.
Do you have any good sites for Resourceful and Provident Living?
3 comments:
Wow, 115 people is a lot. Congrats on a big turnout.
emergency essentials sells little pellets you can put in water to make it hot (or at least warm enough to rehydrate the freeze dried foods.)
I'm looking for enough hot water to make a decent shower!
Post a Comment