Judy and Clint live in St. George with their young family. Judy is a quilter; Clint manages her business. This couple also has a charity about which you might like to know; they gather in quilts and money for Romanian people. Every year Clint, and sometimes Judy, fly to Romania to distribute these much needed items. Romania is a hard place to live. The country was almost completely ruined during the reign of President Nicolae Ceauşescu, a dictator who held power for 15 years before being overthrown. He ruled that there would be no birth control in this starving, gone mad country. The country has never recovered and many Romanians still live very poor lives.
Clint served a two year mission in Romania, representing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He grew to love the Romanian people, and so Judy and Clint's charity was born.
Periodically I hear of returned missionaries who found a small charity to help the people of the country which they served. How wonderful to be able to do this. If you would like to piece a quilt top for Romania, I'd be happy to quilt it for you.
I thought you might like to see this video.
3 comments:
That's really cool. Are they going back anytime soon? Call me!
Judi is expecting a baby in a couple of months, but Clint will be returning in September of next year. I'd like to do some simple quilts for the charity.
http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com
Oh that was so touching. I am totally crying. I would love to help.
Post a Comment