Your dad bought chicken wire, and we've spread it all over the grass. After watering well each night, we place a ladder, huge pallet, various large pots, bird baths, bricks and our wooden bench along the edges of the chicken wire. For several nights after the initial hit by the raccoons, they/it stopped coming for two nights.
Hallelujah! I thought our grass was safe. I was wrong. Last night we had one here again, as there were a few edge pieces of turf pulled back.
If I were young I'd sleep up on the balcony with my hose and the high pressure nozzle ready. Raccoons *hate* water, as I personally know. Alas, I'm too old and tired for that. We'll have to put up with the chicken wire everywhere for another week.
1 comment:
Don't worry Mom, Isis and I will sleep on the balcony with the hose when I get home.
Post a Comment