Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday/Father's Day


Judy & Loi, their kids, Lyle and Joseph came over today to celebrate Judy's birthday and Father's Day. Judy was actually born on Father's Day 29 years ago. I thought you might like to see some of the photos from today.
James, Emily and David played Jinga with their father, who won a really tough game at the last moment.
Judy enjoyed her chocolate cake. Yes, she graciously shared it with her family.

Your Father received a lovely gift from Middle Son.
I wanted to show you my new, shorter hair cut... but apparently I wasn't included in any of the photos. I *know* I was there, because I cooked the dinner and baked the cake!

After everyone had left, Joseph stayed to play a game with his Father. I finished up a few dishes after unloading the dishwasher. I noticed that the table leaves had been removed and the dining room was back to normal. Generally I have to wait several days until we can get the room back to pre-family party. Not tonight! Hooray!
I asked Brent who put the table back to normal for me. I was thinking perhaps it was thoughtful Middle Child.
Your Father said "I did." I was very appreciative of his awareness of what I liked and taking the time to do this for me. I said so. After staring at me for about 20 seconds, your Father replied "I did it so Joseph and I could play this game. I didn't want to take credit for something I didn't really do".
Total Fail.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Hahaha... too funny about the table! But one thing we have always known about Dad... he is an honest man! :-)

Lyle said...

That's the difference between me and Dad--I take my freebies where I can get them.

Elizabeth said...

I love the shirts!

"A slacker... just like your old man!"

Lyle said...

Ha, Back to the Future, I didn't even think about that. I love it.