Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Quilts of Late

This quilt was pieced for the Huntington Hospital Guild. The guild has a Showcase Houses tour each year, and will auction this quilt to raise monies for the hospital. When Ginger was a teenager, she worked as a Candy Striper for the Huntington. The quilt is beautiful, and the redwork perfectly done. You can see more photographs here.

Below, another fun quilt. I love the colors of this quilt. Quilted in whimsical freehand of flowers/leaves/vines. Piano keys in the outside border contains the inside quilting. What girl wouldn't love this quilt? More photos here.


And on the frame now, is an intricately pieced medallion bedquilt. Can you see all those little pieces used? The colors are saturated, with little glints of gold throughout. I would never have the patience to piece this! But isn't it gorgeous?

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I like the piano key border... wasn't sure until I saw it on these quilts.
They look great and I can't wait to see what you do on the medallion.