Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quilts Coming Ouf of My Ears






I ended up spending a good part of the week cooking. Three cakes in 24 hours. One cake was for the four missionaries we had for dinner Wednesday. Two was a disaster I had baked for a RS dinner and got tossed, to be followed by Three, a nice looking chocolate cake. The requisite green for St. Paddy's day was delivered via sprinkles. And may I add, that this beautiful cake was entirely eaten, while other green cakes were only half gone.
I don't like bringing food home half eaten, so I was quite pleased.


And now, suddenly I am being inundated with quilt calls.
This makes me feel anxious.
My current Work Log shows me with about a dozen quilts to be quilted, before June. Three of those quilt tops have been booked the last two weeks. (Well, all right. Ginger's quilt has been booked for a year.) I've one on the frame (still!) which I thought would be finished last Friday.

I also have a good cold, and wearing glasses hurts my sinuses. My back hurts from bending over the frame, my hips hurt from standing in one place for hours, and my neck aches.
sniffle sniffle

Yesterday a client emailed me about a quilt. Two previous quilts I had mailed to her in Germany; now she's back home in Alabama. I replied that I could take the quilt top the first week of June. Today another client called and left a voicemail stating she has a graduation quilt all ready to give to me. And graduation is the first of June. The previous Graduation Quilt I did was *not* fast, nor quick. I'll call her back tomorrow.

Perhaps I'll feel not as snowed under here in my sunny quilt room if I can just finish the Medallion Quilt. It's a beautiful quilt, but involves a lot of ruler work, measuring and custom designs; it's only about a third finished.

I'd like to piece some easy quilt tops just for me. I've nice wool batting just calling my name. Something to keep us warm when the Big One hits.
sigh
Maybe this summer.
Right now I have to feed the chickens and lock them into the coop for safe sleeping.

3 comments:

Charles said...

Maybe you should hire someone to do some of the work for you...

Ginger said...

The great thing about your work is you don't HAVE to take more quilts. It's not like you need the money, and you have plenty of business. I wouldn't worry about telling people there is a waiting list.
Mmmm... chocolate cake. Been craving it for a while, maybe I'll make one this week!

Jenny said...

we had cereal before bed tonight. that chocolate cake looks really, really good.sigh.