I've begun the Medallion quilt and thought I'd post a couple of pics. I've barely started, and am wondering if I should forgo quilting the side borders now, and repin the quilt later. That's always a bother; I quilt everything but the side borders, then unpin the quilt from the frame, turn it so that the side borders are top and bottom. It *is* easier to quilt from left to right instead of top down. This way I can quilt the entire border without repositioning the quilt top. Much less time.
Unless I quilt something poorly, and spend three hours frogging what it took me 18 minutes to quilt. sigh
Laritza had some ideas of how she wanted her top quilted; that's always easier for me!
It's nicely pieced and really enjoyable to work as the fabrics are varied and beautiful. The only problem is that my hands hurt. Lots of ruler/template work on this one which have to be held carefully in place.

1 comment:
It's looking good. I can't wait to see it all finished.
Post a Comment