Perhaps we'd made a mistake about the poor cat hit by a car near our street. Perhaps it wasn't Waffle, and he was really at the PHS right now, looking for us to come rescue him. I told Lyle about it, and he told me of course, I should go check at the Humane Society!
I like Lyle.
So I waited over the weekend, and went down today when they opened. I searched the cages, and then I saw the marmalade cat. A male, smaller than Waffle, with not a speck of white on him.
I almost burst into tears.
They did have some cute cats there, with short hair. I felt sorry for them stuck into cages. Apparently they receive lots and lots of cats in the springtime. Kittens and adults. They said to come back in another month.
Maybe.
For now, I've got an involved quilt top to load up and quilt.
2 comments:
Uhm...that title is very mis-leading. I had hopes up, but then I read the post.
I agreed with Charles but then I noticed that you changed the title in the post. (I saw it in Google Reader.)
Are you try for a kitten?
I've always loved that picture of Dad and Waffle.
Post a Comment