Generally I'll get three to four eggs per day; however, sometimes someone will get it into her head to lay somewhere other than their high tech nest box.
When the chickens were small, they would play with Waffle in the back yard. Now the hens aren't so playful. In the backyard Waffle keeps a low profile when the chickens are in the grassy area. You can see how carefully he walks, pretending to ignore the hens while keeping a sharp eye out for any of them that gets too close. Waffle is especially wary of Lacy; she's taken a beakful of fur once or twice when Waffle wasn't looking.
Of course, generally the hens are busy taking dirt baths in my planting barrel. Would you believe this used to be full of sage? I've been thinking about moving it to the chickens' area. I'm tired of cleaning up the dirt. They really get into flinging the soil around, but at last they half to come up for air.
All in all, a good day's job well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment