
According to a recent USA Today article, the dramatic downturn in consumer spending is forcing retailers to cater to anyone who is willing to make a purchase, including those crying out for lower hemlines and shirts with sleeves.
Even Karl Lagerfeld, the infamous Chanel designer who once used strippers and an adult film star to model his clothing for a Fendi runway show, has acknowledged the trend.
In an interview with the International Herald Tribune this year, Lagerfeld declared, "bling is over" and accredited the economy with prompting a "new modesty."
And what is stated as fact by those that control the fashion industry always finds its way into the wash and wear styles that the everyday fashionista has to choose from.
“People are going more for classic, timeless pieces rather than the trendy pieces that tend to be more provocative,” said Laura Field, marketing director at Layers Clothing.
And by the way, the outfit above can be found at Diviine ModesTee Boutique, located in Pleasant Grove, Utah which just opened this fall.
2 comments:
Oh great, now they tell me! I just bought fabric to make my own skirts, cause I couldn't find modest ones I like!
I'm not sure if I like the outfit or the figure better. They're both very cute!
Post a Comment