
After church today I let the girls out of their run and discovered this little egg in the nest box. It was still a bit warm. From which hen I don't know, but I think it was either Lizzie or MoMo. As the hens become accustomed to laying, the eggs will be larger. I've been waiting five weeks for someone to deliver the goods... and now finally! Hopefully we'll receive a couple more eggs in the next day or two. The kids and I will scramble them and then give a taste report. We're hoping all those handfed crickets will up the gourmet quality of these beautiful brown spheres.
10 comments:
Awesome. Congratulations! Although hopefully you won't be thinking about the crickets too much when you eat those eggs.
Yay!! :) Although I have to say, there is something that seems so wrong about the fact that you will be eating that egg.
Awesome! I am so excited for you!
how exciting! my husband really wants us to have chickens one day. i think it sounds really fun.
Of course we all know it was Lizzie. She's the best chicken.
Better start looking up some eggnog recipes!
:)
Awesome times ten!
Yay! Congrats!
The chicken came first, then the egg.
Congratulations! (I love your haircut, by-the-way.) And your last YouTube clip was a great one -- thanks!
Woohoo! Congratulations!
Post a Comment