Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Little Snake in Eden

... and it's called skin cancer.
I've been to the drs. several times to get rid of a small red spot on my forehead. Lasts Tuesday, it was surgery. I didn't realize I would come away looking as if I were a skeptical Frankenstein. The top/side of my head is still numb, which makes combing my hair annoying. My face is quite swollen under my eye. I'm trying not to look in the mirror. I was told that the entire healing process, which includes (if the skin cooperates) a thin white scar, instead of a screaming red one.
Brent and I are leaving tomorrow to visit Tucanos for the Investor's Night on Monday. I can hardly wait. We're driving to Idaho to trade my Explorer with Laura's Kia; they had borrowed it to take their belongings back up to school. And we will also see Jenny and John and the grandkids. I'll enjoy that.

Now I just need Angela to give me a new look with some thick bangs.


10 comments:

The Queen said...

Oh man. That's a bummer. Have fun on your trip!

Ginger said...

Wow, that looks intense. Thanks for the pictures... a good reminder just before summer that we need to wear lots of sunblock!

elliott said...

Ouch.

Bethany said...

You still look beautiful!

I'm glad you didn't ignore it.

Barbara said...

Oh my goodness, that is a big one. I had a big one taken off of my nose and it healed to a small white scar that isn't noticable so yours will too. We are so lucky that they can discover these and remove them.

Lyle said...

Yikes, I'm not sure if I feel worse about the surgery or having to drive all the way to Idaho and back!

Jenny said...

the kids are going to think that scar is awesome. :) hope you're feeling ok. we can't wait to see you!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Oh my! I hope that you are feeling better!!

Angela said...

Yikes, well I wish you happy healing and a great trip.

Laura said...

I hope your scar is feeling better! It was so good to see you!