Seriously. I want to learn to knit. I *need* to learn to knit.
Knitting is fun, and when finished I will have an useful item. Knitting is creative, my Mother knit (very well, I might add, so it must be in my blood) and knitting is very portable.
Perhaps this should be my New Year's resolution, learning to knit. I'm aware of two different, very nice, hip, cutting edge yarn shops within 20 minutes of my home; these shops would have beginner lessons for someone such as me. Actually, I already know how to knit. And purl. My Mother taught me when I was young, but I've forgotten how, you see. I know that when I'm shown again, I'll instantly remember. Knitting is rather like riding a bike. Yes, this is definitely a good resolution for the New Year.
I just wish I had a friend to come with me. We could learn to knit together.
4 comments:
uh-oh, what did I start???
mom, if you really want a hobby, my X-Box is at your house!
I hate to tell you this, Lyle, but.. um....the X-Box isn't here anymore. :)
if knitting is like riding a bike, then i know how to do it. too. :) my grandma taught me both to crochet and to knit when i was around 11 or 12 years old. :) it would be fun to pick it up again.
in all my free time. :)
Post a Comment