I got a call Wednesday afternoon, asking if I could take a quilt. I've already got a backlog of quilts :( but said "Of course!" when I heard the story. Elaine's 34 year old friend has cancer. A one hour surgery stretched to five hours, as the surgeon hopefully removed all the cancer. Now the friend faces chemotherapy. Elaine has heard about chemotherapy... it's hard on the patient, and the hospital wards are freezing. So Elaine made this terrific quilt. It's a simple pattern, but the fabrics are fun and the colors are sunny and happy. A perfect quilt. This quilt will keep her friend warm when she needs it most in the days ahead.
I finished the quilting and Elaine picked it up at 9pm the next day.


And the backing ~
3 comments:
I love that fabric. Wonder where she found it?
Even though it is hearts, I like that quiting pattern.. you can do that on my heather Bailey quilt if you want! ;-)
Of course! The 'Valentine' pattern if made for that HB quilt top. :)
Carla, I love the fabric. What a loving thing to do.
she will love having it I am sure.
Old pictures, I had fun looking at them and bringing back old memories of our kids. I don't mind being called grammy or great grammy in fact I love it but saying that all 3 of my "little" boys are grandfathers is still hard for me to imagine even though it is very true.The boy on the left is Bob and the one in the middle is David and the one on the right is Dan. Have a blessed New Year.
Love Barbara
Post a Comment