I received an interesting call from Ginger yesterday.
There was a black/white cat on her deck! Ginger was a little surprised to hear me say I'd seen it quite a few times at her house, front and back. Her children were entranced, to say the least. I could hear Sophie screeching with delight at the top of her lungs as she watched the cat from the kitchen window. Emma was unsure of how to approach the friendly animal, so Ginger put together a quick little something on a pencil. Emma was still a little hesitant to bob the toy about for the cat, which Ginger was attempting to keep out of the house, while keeping Sophie in.
Ginger gave the Playing With a Cat 101 lessons to Emma.
A few hours later, I received another call from Ginger. The boys were now home, and a little unsure (though game) of how to approach the cat, which was still enjoying life on the deck and all the attention.
Ginger~ "What does it mean if water is coming from the cat's eyes or nose? I'm not sure which one."
Me~ "What do you mean 'water'? How do you know the cat is wet?"
Ginger~ "I think I had a drop of water fall on me when I was petting the cat."
Need I write I was astonished?! My daughter??? Ginger??? Petting a CAT???
The kids had a blast, and once again Ginger showed what a terrific Mother she is.
I only wish Ginger had had the video camera.
2 comments:
Yeah, that's what Ginger used to say!
"Children are the great leveler"
I still hate cats, but I love my children more!
By the way, my neighbor found the cat's owner... about a block away, and across a not too busy street!
I think this cat is different than the one you saw when you were here, although similar looks. This one had only been missing since Tuesday.
Post a Comment