Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Mission Quilt


This is a quilt I've just finished for friends. One of their daughters pieced this gorgeous log cabin quilt for her parents, who are leaving soon for a mission. And I got to quilt it! : )
The inside of the blocks have photographs of Al and DeAnn, their three daughters and the grandchildren. I love these quilts. There are a few close-ups at http://quiltstack.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Barbara said...

What a great quilt.

The Queen said...

That turned out great Mom! So glad I got to see it. Deanne was excited about it when I was talking to her on Sunday.

Ginger said...

That turned out so nice. The quilting makes the pictures really pop!

When do they leave?

Carla said...

The photos 'pop' because there is no quilting on them. Most people don't want any thread going through someone's face. :)
We aren't sure when they'll be leaving for their mission; Tuesday they go up to Utah, I believe to visit kids. Hopefully their call will come within a couple of weeks.