Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Are You a Racist????

Because of Elizabeth's latest posts about the t.a. asserting Elizabeth is racist, I decided to look up one of the iats(implicit association test) that is on the internet. I believe this is the one that was suggested in the very interesting book 'Blink' by Malcolm Gladwell.
If you would like to try the demo test (which takes about 10-15 minutes) here is the link.
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Below is my result; I am in sync with 4% of respondents.....hmmmm

"Your Result
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for African American compared to European American.
Thank you for your participation. Just below is a breakdown of the scores generated by others. Most respondents find it easier to associate African American with Bad and European American with Good compared to the reverse."

2 comments:

Ginger said...

very interesting...

Leslie said...

i'm in with 17% of people. i havee little or no preference one way or the other, according to this study. interesting!